Vision and Mission
God envisions the well-being of the whole of creation and ensures an ongoing healing, wholeness and transformation of our unjust and fragmented world through human interventions. The mission of Jesus christ is to restore the integrity of God's original creation , both human and material and thus build the Kingdom of God on earth. Our Vision is the same as the vision of Jesus; that all may have life and have it in abundance.
Education, by its very nature is transformative process, namely changing human persons, and through them, society and its structures. This activity of transformation is a spiritual, humanizing and liberating activity and constitutes the core mission of education. In the knowledge society that is emerging 'quality education' serves as the gateway to the socio- cultural and economic development of persons and of the country.
- An education of quality and relevance to all, and in particular, to the marginalized sections of society.
- An education that frees persons from the social conditioning (such as caste, class, gender and other culture-linked prejudices) which prevents them from living as free persons; and which, instead, enables them to see
life as vocation and as a gift, and which enables them to make them free to consider choices in the key areas that affect their personal lives, communities and society.
- An education that leads the young into the sacred space of the human person and every person, making them aware of the inalienable human rights of every individual group.
- An eduaction that humanizes and contextualizes, by assisting the students to raise essential questions concerning the meaning of life and of their role in the society.
- An education that forms the hearts and minds of the students preparing them to face the vices of modern culture.
- An education that nurtures an encounter with God as a personal event and a free response to the call to faith and which nurtures a life of meaning, purpose and personalized values, including appreciation of other faiths.
- Holy Cross education is concerned primarily with leading students to understand and to live by values.
- Holy Cross education enables students to become informed and active citizens.
- Holy Cross education nurtures an environment of collaboration, supported by a family spirit which touches and includes everyone associated with the school.
- Holy Cross education teaches respect for diversity in all its forms ( social, cultural, religious, linguistic, etc.)
- Holy Cross education fosters participation in the life of a faith community and promotes dialogue between faith and knowledge, faith and daily experience, faith and culture.
- Holy Cross education maintains standards of excellence established by government regulations and requirements.
- Holy Cross education maintains a global perspective.
Terms & Conditions
Copyright © 2019. All Rights Reserved - Holycross Educational Foundation
Powered by :